[vdr] vdr-xine vidixfb "best output"

mike lewis lachlanlewis at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 18:03:24 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm a relatively new user to vdr and xine, and i've noticed when
watching football or scenes with high action that the playpack is not
smooth.  It'snot a tearing issue, and I can get used toit,but when
people comeover they have commented on the stuttering.  The videodoes
not pause, its morelike a shutter is closing and openeing kind of
thing.

I think its because i'm running PAL, and fidixfb or xine is probably
outputting 25fps instead of 50.

Err.. Any tips on how totweak this output?  Here is the command I use
to launch xine:
---
/usr/local/bin/fbxine --stdctl -V vidixfb -A oss --no-lirc
--post=expand:centre_cut_out_mode=1,black_bottom=2 --post=vdr -D
vdr://tmp/vdr-xine/stream#demux:mpeg_pes
---

Eagerly awaiting a reply ;-)

Mick