[vdr] fbxine started from commands.conf causes high cpu load

Patrick Cernko errror at errror.org
Sat Sep 24 21:19:36 CEST 2005

Joerg Riechardt wrote:
> I want to start fbxine with the remote control.
> In commands.conf I have an entry "start fbxine : at -f /z/ss now" and ss
> contains #! /bin/sh
> fbxine -V vidixfb -A alsa --stdctl
> vdr://video/vdr-xine/stream#demux:mpeg_pes
> In keymacros.conf the button of the remote is linked to the line in
> commands.conf.
> When I start ss from the console everything is fine, but when I start it
> with the remote, I get very high cpu-load from fbxine.
> Is this a problem of fbxine or of vdr?
> Is there a solution?
> Jörg

No solution, but:

1. You should check for differences in the environment. But a 'env >
/tmp/ss.env' in the script directly in front of the fbxine-call. The
check for differences with the environment in you console shell (invoke
a similar command and diff the files!).

2. Maybe fbxine writes to stdout/stderr. Try redirecting fbxine's output
to /dev/null (append ' >/dev/null 2>&1').

CU
--
Patrick Cernko | mailto:errror at errror.org | http://www.errror.org
Quote of the Week: "** the "time" argument is mandatory! (try "now") **"