[vdr] vdr-1.3.33, list of recordings is still empty

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Mon Sep 26 18:08:30 CEST 2005

Alfred Zastrow wrote:
> @Klaus
>
> I have a nfs-mounted video-dir which is mounted after vdr is started (to
> realize very short boot times). One of the last commands in the startup
> script is a `touch .update` which used to work without problems.
>
> In the latest version the list of recordings is still empty, even if I
> try to touch the file more then one time.  :-(
>
> But, a test with
>
> `echo "LSTR" | nc localhost 2001`
>
> (nc is the netcat-version of busybox) gives me a list of all recordings.
> Unfortunately this has no effect on the OSD-Listing.
>
> How can I force a complete reload?
>
> Alfred

There is currently a problem if your video directory is not named
/video (the default). As a quick workaround you could change the line

   updateFileName = strdup(AddDirectory(VideoDirectory, ".update"));

   updateFileName = strdup(AddDirectory("/video00", ".update"));

in recording.c (assuming your video directory is named /video00).

Klaus