[vdr] SourceCaps patch for VDR 1.3.33.

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Thu Sep 29 08:27:20 CEST 2005

Udo Richter wrote:
> Luca Olivetti wrote:
>
>> If you "save as.." the attached file, you should get the same file, no
>> matter if it is windows or linux.
>

> Unfortunately, not. If the file is attached as plain text, eg. not
> base64 encoded, then line endings may be converted to platform default,
> and may even be converted while passing through mail servers.
>
> However, GNU patch is smart enough to detect CRLF diffs and and to
> convert them to proper LF diffs.
>
> The only safe way is to attach it as .diff.gz to force base64 encoding.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Udo

If somebody posts a patch for plain VDR, please do it as a plain text
diff file attachment. This allows me to see it directly in the mail
reader, without having to extract and unzip it first. It also allows me
to search my mailbox in case I'm looking for things to do, and reach
into the diff attachments. If I have to first extract and unzip a diff,
I tend to postpone it to later... ;-)

Klaus