[vdr] Issues with network vdr-xine 0.7.8 / stuttering, poor performance

Tobias Grimm listaccount at e-tobi.net
Mon Apr 3 23:33:11 CEST 2006

CR wrote:

>When I connect a xine-network client to vdr w/vdr-xine, the video
>stutters, frame rate is 2-5 FPS, video freezes for several seconds, there

Try to set the buffer monitoring in the xine plugin settings to "0" or
modify the network patches to configure the socket with TCP_NODELAY. The
problem seems to be, that the network latency and nagle algorithm
interferes with the new buffering algorithm, that expects to receive an
answer from the client almost immediately.

Tobias