[vdr] MP3/MPlayer pre-release

Stefan Huelswitt s.huelswitt at gmx.de
Wed Apr 5 22:32:04 CEST 2006

On 05 Apr 2006 Soeren Sonnenburg <vdr-ml at nn7.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 18:04:24 +0000, Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
>
>> What version are you using?
>
> Indeed I am using todays mplayer cvs and did not check how it that was
> dealt with in older versions... however the set absolute value seems to be
> in older versions...
>
> input/input.c:69:
>   { MP_CMD_VOLUME, "volume", 1, { { MP_CMD_ARG_FLOAT,{0} }, {MP_CMD_ARG_INT,{0}}, {-1,{0}} } },
>
> mplayer:1967:
>     // Audio
>     { "volume", mp_property_volume, CONF_TYPE_FLOAT,
>       M_OPT_RANGE, 0, 100, NULL },
>
> This suggests that you should use the 'set absolute value feature' and %d
> and round() the value to be backwards compatible...

OK, I learned that even my mplayer version seems to support "set
absolute volumen", but haven't tried out that.
It's more elegant solution anyways.

What I still don't understand is, why the code doesn't works for
you. Even CVS version should still support inc/dec volumen. And
stepsize is still 3, too.

Regards.

--
Stefan Huelswitt