AW: [vdr] OSD with xine and opengl ?

Martin Martin at
Thu Apr 6 12:50:35 CEST 2006

But you have to zoom most of the times. I use 1024x768 pixles @ 100HZ to
overcome all the deinterlacing sh... :-)

Use "auto" settings on the video settings in Xine and everything is fine.
Scaling, OSD .. with little CPU load. So why fiddle arround with something,
that only works half.

I am using Pentium M 1,7GHz with a NVIDIA FX 5200 ..

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: vdr-bounces at [mailto:vdr-bounces at] Im Auftrag von
Grégoire FAVRE
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 6. April 2006 10:57
An: VDR Mailing List
Betreff: Re: [vdr] OSD with xine and opengl ?

On 06/04/06, Martin <Martin at> wrote:

> OpenGL is nice, but too slow .. and you need to check fort he right
> mode in Xine. Then the OSD works .. with standard settings you won't get
> lucky and do not see anything .. I did do this in the past.
> Take xv or better xxmc, if you are able to get it working, as it has best
> quality with less CPU.

My GL implementation is quiete good : nvidia one, and I like the
transparency I
can have with Xgl/compiz which mean opengl is a must here !!!

Everyone should really try Xgl and compiz :-)

That's the next userinterface ;-)

My biggest problem is that I can't zoom with opengl... and of course the
OSD is also a problem.
Grégoire FAVRE

vdr mailing list
vdr at