[vdr] OSD with xine and opengl ?

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 6 21:36:08 CEST 2006

I demand that Patrick Fischer may or may not have written...

> now I get:

> xine -V opengl -> 100% CPU

Hmm. Slow here too.

> xine -V xxmv -> warped OSD

This doesn't work here (expected), but *apparently* ATI cards are able to do
hardware decoding. It's merely a matter of somebody getting the necessary
information and writing an open-source driver...

> xine -V xv -> brown screen
> xine -V xshm -> warped OSD

Both work properly here.

> xine -V vidix -> xine don't start
> xine -V vidixfb -> xine don't start

Neither work here (expected).

> xine -V fb -> xine don't start

Try again from without X :-)

| + Buy local produce. Try to walk or cycle. TRANSPORT CAUSES GLOBAL WARMING.

The young wish to give their elders the full benefits of their inexperience.