[vdr] Usability issue: "back" key not working as expected

Andreas Mair Andreas.Mair at linogate.com
Wed Apr 19 14:28:12 CEST 2006

Hi,

I think the "back" key is not working as expected (at least for me ;)) and I
think that's confusing and illogical.
Examples:
1) Hitting "back" key after "info" key to leave info OSD doesn't close OSD
but shows the schedule or the recordings OSD.
2) Pressing the "back" key after any key defined in keymacros.conf also
doesn't close the OSD. Using the default keymacros.conf: hitting "blue"
then "back" opens the main menu.

I know that the "menu" key always closes the current OSD. But nevertheless
"back" associates that by hitting it you'll get to where you came from. I
think nobody thinks of getting to VDR's previous menu in its menu
hierarchy.

Is there a chance that this will change someday or is this the intended
behaviour?

Kind regards,
Andreas

--