[vdr] Audio-only playback stops if recording starts on primary device

Tobias Grimm listaccount at e-tobi.net
Wed Apr 26 02:18:35 CEST 2006

Hi!

When playing back audio only files with e.g. the MP3 or the Podcatcher
plugin ( pmAudioOnly mode ), the playback suddenly stops, if a recording
from the primary device starts (I'm using a full featured and a budget
card with 1.3.48). There's no problem, if I force the recording to the
budget card.

Besides this, if I restart the audio playback while the recording is
running from the primary device, I can't see the live picture anymore.
If I start the recording, stop the recording and then start the audio
playback, the screen is black as well. If I switch to another channel
and back before starting the audio playback, it correctly shows the live
picture again.

I'm not sure, whether this is a  VDR bug or a plugin bug, but I assume
the problem can be found in VDR. The plugins initialize the player with
cPlayer(pmAudioOnly).

Any ideas?

bye,

Tobias