[vdr] Help! No lock on primary device when timer starts

Andreas Mair Andreas.Mair at linogate.com
Wed Apr 26 12:46:46 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm experiencing problems with my VDR box. I've used different VDR releases
(1.3.37 to 1.3.48), different firmwares (f62623 to fd2623) and different
DVB drivers (this monday's hg and original kernel 2.6.14.2). The box
features 2 FF cards (1.3 and 2.2).

So what happens?
When a timer starts while watching LiveTV (ZDF or BR) the live picture gets
disturbed and audio consists only of some peaks. Even if I'm watching ZDF
and the timer is recording ZDF. The recording is fine.
It's impossible to continue viewing that channel. The picture is only fine
when switching to a limited number of channels: Pro7, Sat1, Kabel1 (and
what else belongs to this group). Switching to Das Erste, ZDF, BR, WDR,
NDR... or the RTL group shows trash.

The log is full of lines like:
frontend 0 timed out while tuning to channel 2, tp 111953
regained lock...

It doesn't help if the timer stops. But restarting VDR then (no DVB drivers
are reloaded!) LiveTV is fine again.

I don't know what else I can do/try :(

Any help/hints appreciated!

Regards,