[vdr] Help! No lock on primary device when timer starts

Joachim Banzhaf (compuserve) joachimbanzhaf at compuserve.de
Wed Apr 26 20:21:57 CEST 2006

Hallo Andreas,

Am Mittwoch, 26. April 2006 16:31 schrieb Andreas Mair:
> Hi Mattia,
>
> every DVB-S card has a cable of its own, no pass through.

Don't know the strategy of vdr to allocate cards for recordings and live TV,
so my guess would be, you have a problem with one of your cards - the one,
that is only used when at least one recording started (or with the
cabel/switch/lnb/dish used by that card)

> Regards,
> Andreas
>
> On Wednesday 26 April 2006 16:18, Mattia Rossi wrote:
> > On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:46:46 +0200
> >
> > Andreas Mair <Andreas.Mair at linogate.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm experiencing problems with my VDR box. I've used different VDR
> > > releases (1.3.37 to 1.3.48), different firmwares (f62623 to fd2623) and
> > > different DVB drivers (this monday's hg and original kernel 2.6.14.2).
> > > The box features 2 FF cards (1.3 and 2.2).

Did it work in the past?
What changed since then?

HTH,

Joachim Banzhaf