[vdr] [Offtopic] US Television (near Washington D.C.)

Jon Burgess jburgess at uklinux.net
Thu Aug 3 20:25:25 CEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 12:34 +0200, Marco Goebenich wrote:
> Or a completly other direction, if not using vdr, how do americans
> record digital TV with their PCs, as I think of Windows Media Center
> software, or something else.

> For me it seems, that only a few people in the US use digital TV.

There are digital ATSC cards available with linux support
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATSC_cards

MythTV http://www.mythtv.org/ seems popular with North American users.
Many seem to rely on digitising analog broadcasts via a PVR-150/250/350
card or feeding the output of an external digital box into the S-Video
input of one of these cards.

	Jon