[vdr] two cams with vdr 1.4.1-2

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Tue Aug 8 22:46:38 CEST 2006

Marco Skambraks wrote:
> hi,
>
> I use a technotrend dvb-c 2.3 premium card
> with latest firmware 2623 and almost the latest dvb drivers
> and also one CAM for RTL, SAT1 etc. and one for premiere
> if I switch to an encrypted channel like premiere - vdr always try to get
> the key from both CAMs
> that results in a CAM message like this:
> "Sie haben keine Berechtigung für diesen Sender"
> so, I turned the smartcard-messages off (CAM menu)
> now it seems that it is OK, but sometimes it takes a  long time to switch
> from one premiere-channel to another
> if I remove the iesy-smartcard (iesy - my cable provider in hessen)
> switching channels is much faster

In VDR version 1.4 the CA_PMT records (that's the data a CAM needs in
order to know which PIDs it shall decrypt) are sent to all CAMs in
one CI device. I know that this can be a problem, and that's why I'm
going to address this first thing in the upcoming 1.5 developer
version.

Sorry, but at the moment I guess turning off the CAM messages is
all you can do.

Klaus