[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] DaLiBoxSW3000MediaCenter

Peter Marquardt news-in at pmservices-online.de
Sat Aug 12 14:01:18 CEST 2006

Am 06.08.2006 um 20:44 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:

> Darren Salt wrote:
>> I demand that Klaus Schmidinger may or may not have written...
>> [snip]
>>> Oh, while we're at it: you're apparently selling stuff over your
>>> web site
>>> at http://www.dalibox.de, as can be seen on
>>> http://daliman3.dalibox.de/index.php?
>>> page=shop.product_details&flypage=&product_id=17&category_id=2&optio
>>> n=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28
>>> However, I can't seem to find any detailed information regarding
>>> who is
>>> actually running this web site. [...]
>> "whois dalibox.de" appears to provide that information.
>
> Yes, but at least in Germany a commercial web site must itself
> contain a section that identifies exactly who is behind it, and
> a link to that section must be prominently placed and available
> from every page of the site.
>
> I didn't make this up myself - it's the law. I just wanted to inform
> him about that, in case he didn't know. These "reminders" can be very
> nasty and expensive.
>
> It's especially strange since he won't provide information about
> his alleged patent to an "anonymous poster" (meaning myself), but
> does himself hide behind a veil of obscurity...
>
> I'm beginning to doubt that any such patent does in fact exist...
>
> Klaus

Actually, according to german laws and court decisions there is no
"private" website. Whenever you put something up on a domain you own
you are offering communication services according to a court
decision, so even when you only post your holiday photos you are
obliged to have a complete imprint.

with kind regards

Peter Marquardt