[vdr] RFC: Man page intstallation support for plugins?

Christian Wieninger cwieninger at gmx.de
Sat Aug 12 18:23:46 CEST 2006

Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:
> However, what if a plugin's Makefile doesn't provide an
> 'install-doc' target? You might want to make sure this
> doesn't cause tons of error messages. What we would also

how about an additional grep like that? :

install-doc-plugins:
    @for i in `ls $(PLUGINDIR)/src | grep -v '[^a-z0-9]'`; do\
        if grep -q "install-doc:" "$(PLUGINDIR)/src/$$i/Makefile" ; then\
            $(MAKE) -i -C  "$(PLUGINDIR)/src/$$i" install-doc;\
        fi;\
    done;

> need is the appropriate change to the 'newplugin' script.
I would suggest the following for 'newplugin':

install-doc:
    \@echo No documents to install for \$(PACKAGE)

BR,

Christian