[vdr] Build failures on Ubuntu - gettid related

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Fri Aug 18 11:15:49 CEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 14:52 +0200, Jens Auer wrote:

> The gettid function is not defined in any header, if it interpret the
> source correctly. The _syscall0-macro expands to a function definition
> pid_t gettid(void).

_syscallX are not available for userspace in recent kernel headers
(since April), this causes VDR compilation failures also with the
current Fedora Core 6 test versions.  More info:
http://tinyurl.com/qaydh , http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/6/4/128

The attached patch appears to work for me, and from a bit of Googling I
get the impression that it should probably work with all kernel header
sets since 2.4.20.