[vdr] Re: VDR prefers my CI DVB device for recordings and blocks it unnecessarily

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Sun Aug 20 22:05:38 CEST 2006

Anssi Hannula wrote:
> Consider this scenario:
> - user watches channel 1, transponder 1, via FF
> - recording starts for channel 1, transponder 1, via FF

add here:
- live view is interrupted as FF switches to transfer mode

> - recording starts for channel 2, transponder 2, via budget

The primary device should be available for live viewing as long as
possible. Even if I do a recording, the primary device should be
available for channel switching, and not requiring transfer mode.
Recording is the job of the budget card.

Cheers,

Udo