[vdr] Re: VDR prefers my CI DVB device for recordings and blocks it unnecessarily

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Mon Aug 21 01:08:34 CEST 2006

Jörn Reder wrote:
> Hmm, it's not that easy because it ignores the original intention of
> this thread.

Not really. The side effect that osdteletext will force recordings on
the FF card on the same transponder was caused by the change in 1.4.1-2,
that was some time before your post. Its going back to the "[vdr]
device.c: cDevice::GetDevice" topic from syrius.ml.

The topic did some twists and ended at bandwidth issues on transfer
mode, and I was investigating why at all the recording starts on the
(CAM-capable) FF card instead of the (free-only) budget card.

> It makes no sense that a CAM budget card is always used to
> record a free channel, which makes it impossible to view and/or record
> encrypted channels at the same time. A CAM is a valuable resource,
> wasting it is obviously a bad idea.

What if the FF card is the only one with the CAM?

Cheers,

Udo