[vdr] Re: VDR prefers my CI DVB device for recordings and blocks it unnecessarily

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Mon Aug 21 08:32:11 CEST 2006

Udo Richter wrote:
> Jörn Reder wrote:
>> Hmm, it's not that easy because it ignores the original intention of
>> this thread.
>
> Not really. The side effect that osdteletext will force recordings on
> the FF card on the same transponder was caused by the change in 1.4.1-2,
> that was some time before your post. Its going back to the "[vdr]
> device.c: cDevice::GetDevice" topic from syrius.ml.
>
> The topic did some twists and ended at bandwidth issues on transfer
> mode, and I was investigating why at all the recording starts on the
> (CAM-capable) FF card instead of the (free-only) budget card.

Oh, I thought the budget card was the one with the CAM!?
Now that's a whole new aspect...

>> It makes no sense that a CAM budget card is always used to
>> record a free channel, which makes it impossible to view and/or record
>> encrypted channels at the same time. A CAM is a valuable resource,
>> wasting it is obviously a bad idea.
>
> What if the FF card is the only one with the CAM?

In this particular case I guess the recording really shouldn't
start on the primary card, because the osdteletext plugin isn't
a "real" recording process.

So how shall we distinguish between cReceivers that do actual
recordings and such that just receive, e.g., teletext data?
Or those that receive a radio channel for streaming it to
a remote client? Where's the limit?

Klaus