[vdr] 1.3.43: sourcecaps: tuning one device causes all devices to tune their channels

Jeremy Hall jhall at maoz.com
Thu Aug 24 03:15:08 CEST 2006

   I know Klaus won't respond to this, but perhaps somebody else that
   runs with sourcecaps
   will be able to confirm that if you have a channel tuned on one device
   and switch another device both devices must resync
   the scenario:
   device 1 is a budget card, device 2 is a ff card.  When I want to
   a channel tunable only on the budget, transfer thread is started and
   I'm using the dvr device.
   If I start a streamdev or something to keep the channel up, then
   switch the ff
   card to something it can watch, the budget loses frames while it
   and since this is a channel with an extremely low srate, it can take
   of 10 to 15 seconds to come back under normal circumstances, and
   it takes 30 seconds to resync.  I should also mention I modified the
   to 19 ms instead of 9ms because it takes longer to sync some of these
   low srate channels.  My vdr version is 1.3.43.