[vdr] anyone using Technotrend Premium S2300 (Rev 2.3) "modded"

lamikr lamikr at cc.jyu.fi
Fri Aug 25 18:53:16 CEST 2006

Simon Baxter wrote:
>>> I have 3 DVB-s cards in one machine, 1 is a FF, the other 2 are budget.
>>> I run in softmode using softdevice 100% of the time.  Even though I
>>> don't receive and HDTV at all, using the output of a VGA card into a LCD
>>> projector produces a much better picture.
>>>
>>> Displaying HDTV will need a powerful computer.
>>>

> I might hold off buying anything - the upcoming Hauppauge HVR-4000 looks
> like the one I'll want!  HDTV in my home area is likely to follow the DVB-S2
> route

Cool looking device, I just have too many questions :-)
- Are they offering specs for the Linux driver development
- Will there be models for the terrestrial and satellite broadcasts. (Is
it btw. possible to receive HDTV over terrestrial...)
- Does it do the processing in the hardware allowing it to run in a
really slow computers like ff cards
- Can it be connected to PCI bus or does it require something newer like
this express something...

Mika