[vdr] Re: VDR prefers my CI DVB device for recordings and blocks it unnecessarily

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Sat Aug 26 16:03:35 CEST 2006

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> So how shall we distinguish between cReceivers that do actual
> recordings and such that just receive, e.g., teletext data?
> Or those that receive a radio channel for streaming it to
> a remote client? Where's the limit?

Is there a way to predict whether receiving a channel requires a primary
DVB card to switch to transfer mode for live viewing? At the end, thats
the only thing that stops us from using the primary device for
recording, or?

By the way: If this issue is the only thing that stops you from
finalizing 1.4.2, I'd suggest reverting GetDevice to the 1.4.1 / 1.4.1-1
code, and continue to solve the remaining issues in 1.4.2-1.

Cheers,

Udo