[vdr] vdr shutdown handling / streamdev plugin

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sat Dec 2 11:30:20 CET 2006

Udo Richter wrote:
> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>> Are you sure?
>> ACTIVITYTIMEOUT is 60 seconds, so wouldn't your change just
>> avoid the calls until 60 seconds after the last user activity?
>
> Hmm, you're right. Its not a test on Setup.MinUserInactivity * 60. My
> patch would just avoid these calls the usual 60 seconds after a key press.
>
> However, I still think that Active() should be called only if VDR is
> really willing to shut down, and not while running normally. Or is
> Active() supposed to also delay any housekeeping tasks?

Since cPlugin::Active() is only intended to be a means of preventing
VDR from shutting down, I'd say you're right - it should only be called
when VDR is actually trying to shut down.

The attached patch makes it call cPluginManager::Active() only
if it really wants to shut down, and if there is actually an option
for plugins to delay the shutdown (i.e. this is not a forced shutdown).

If cPluginManager::Active() returns 'true' once, it waits for SHUTDOWNRETRY
minutes before trying again.

Please give this a try and let me know whether it works.

Klaus