[vdr] vdr shutdown handling / streamdev plugin

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Sat Dec 2 16:09:39 CET 2006

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> The attached patch makes it call cPluginManager::Active() only
> if it really wants to shut down, and if there is actually an option
> for plugins to delay the shutdown (i.e. this is not a forced shutdown).
>
> If cPluginManager::Active() returns 'true' once, it waits for SHUTDOWNRETRY
> minutes before trying again.

I'd suggest moving the if block a bit down in the code, at least behind
the manual start check, so plugins cannot interfere with this. I think
it should be ok to move it down right before the "ForceShutdown =
false;" line - thats the point where the "Press any key to cancel
shutdown" will be asked for sure.

SHUTDOWNRETRY defaults to 5 minutes, thats ok, though I would go for
something around 1 minute.

Cheers,

Udo