[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] VDR maintenance patch 1.4.4-1
Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sun Dec 3 11:04:30 CET 2006
VDR maintenance patch 1.4.4-1 is now available at
This is a 'diff' against version 1.4.4.
Small fixes to the officially released VDR versions will be first
made available as "maintenance patches" in the Developer directory,
so that they can be reviewed and tested before a new official
release is published.
So please apply the above patch and report whether it works (or
if it causes any new problems).
The changes since version 1.4.4:
- Some improvements to the man pages (thanks to Ville Skyttä).
- Fixed a possible segfault in cSkins::Message() (thanks to Udo Richter).
- Made the getskyepg.pl script of the 'sky' plugin send a user agent message to
the server, according to the rules at http://bleb.org/tv/data/listings.
If your version of 'wget' doesn't support the -U option to set the user agent,
use the new option -U of getskyepg.pl to have the information added to the URL
as a query string.
- The getskyepg.pl script now replaces "&" with "&".
- Fixed a possible crash in remux.c on 64-bit machines (thanks to Reinhard Nissl).
- Fixed a typo in the change to the "Use small font" setup option in version 1.3.47
in the HISTORY and CONTRIBUTORS file (reported by Andreas Brugger).
- Added a missing 'const' to cRecordingInfo::ChannelID() (reported by Andreas
Brugger). This required the APIVERSION to be increased, so plugins will have to
- Now calling cPluginManager::Active() only if VDR is really trying to shut down,
and waiting for 5 minutes before calling it again (thanks to Jörg Wendel for
reporting that cPlugin::Active() was called too often, and to Udo Richter for
some hints on how to improve this).
- Replaced 'unsigned long long' with 'uint32_t' and 'uint64' with 'uint64_t' to
avoid problems on 64-bit machines.
More information about the vdr