[vdr] pid change, timers and an after-skript

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Thu Dec 7 15:49:18 CET 2006

Janne Liimatainen wrote:
> when recording a program with a tailtime of eg. 5 minutes there is often
> a pid change when the show actually ends, which causes the recording to
> stop and then restart again for a few minutes. And when using a script
> that automatically processes recordings after they are done this causes
> the post-process script run twice.

Noad solves this by dropping a noad.pid file in the recording folder for
any noad that is currently processing this recording. This also catches
re-runs of the pre-recording command.

For post-recording, I would suggest to run any command in background and
sleep for one minute, then check if the recording was restarted.

For a restart check, put a 'currently recording' marker file into the
folder on pre-recording and remove it on post-recording. Or keep an eye
on date and time of the index.vdr file.

Cheers,

Udo