[vdr] Record a channel without displaying?

Frank Schmirler vdr at schmirler.de
Fri Dec 8 13:11:06 CET 2006

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 10:20:29 -0000, Michael McQuillan wrote
> I get the same issue with that as I do with launching playback in
> advance also though. When the timer starts the Suspend Picture is
> removed or the recording playback is terminated to start the
> recording which then suffers from the continual restarts, so I am
> still in the position that I have to be present to start a recording
> and re-force the suspend mode or start playback after the timer starts.

Are you sure that playback/suspend mode isn't terminated due to a restart
(i.e. the first restart)? I have no FF card in my VDR, but I guess terminating
a recording just because a timer ist started is not the expected behaviour...

Maybe the Wiki is wrong and the new firmware is required (or your firmware is
way too old).

Good luck,
Frank