[vdr] VDR & Multiple frontends

Eddi eddi at depieri.net
Sat Dec 9 19:12:01 CET 2006

Hi,

I wrote a patch to Steve Toth hvr3000 repository, so my FlyDVB Trio can use
multiple frontend.

So I get:

/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0

/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux1

/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0

/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr1

/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0

/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend1

/dev/dvb/adapter0/net0

/dev/dvb/adapter0/net1

The bus of the two frontend is shared, isn't possible to get access to both
frontend simultaneously, so I get an -EBUSY error by trying accessing
frontend1 if frontend0 is in use.

VDR doesn't support yet the second frontend, and it try to get exclusive
access on both frontend on start, so the second frontend is inusabile.

Vdr should probe for multiple frontend at start, and access frontend only on
channel change.

Please can someone give me an help to wrote a patch for this issue?

Best Regards,

Eddi