[vdr] Streamdev remote streaming control missong

Laz laz at club-burniston.co.uk
Wed Dec 20 11:43:18 CET 2006

On Wednesday 20 December 2006 10:31, Kartsa wrote:
> Laz kirjoitti:
> > I do this sort of thing by nfs mounting /video from the remote system
> > on a subdirectory on the local system. Probably not the most elegant
> > system because the empty directory gets deleted by vdr when the
> > remote system isn't mounted so you might need to create it before
> > mounting.
> >
> > The remote recordings appear in a sub-folder and so get sorted by
> > date, rather than alphabetically because they are treated as series
> > recordings. I'm doing the mounting and unmounting through
> > commands.conf.

> Well thats what I've been now putting up (since my last post). I was
> just thinking how to get both the client and server recordings shown at
> the same time and this is the solution for it :) Thanks. I was also
> thinking to use the commands.conf. I was also thinking I'll try to
> mount "over" the local recordings and thus get kind of swithing between
> client and server recordings. But this is yet to be tried :)

I thought about trying that but bear in mind that that would also replace
the *.conf files (unless they are elsewhere) and the epg data. You'd have
to restart vdr for the mounting.

Another point to watch out for is you need to do a "touch /video/.update"
to get vdr to acknowledge the mounted recordings. If you get the
permissions right, you can delete and edit the remote recordings with no
problems.

Cheers,

Laz