[vdr] VDR, WAVEFRONTIER and MULTISWITCHES

Karim kafifi at wanadoo.fr
Sun Dec 24 13:51:51 CET 2006

Hi,

I am using two vdrboxes (two FF cards inside each box), and I need to
receive 4 satellites, then I plan to buy :
- a multi-lnb dish "wavefrontier T90"
- 4 x lnb's (quad models)
- 4 multiswitch 4>1 (one for each FF card).

By adjusting disecq.conf, I know that vdr is able to manage a 4 ways
multiswitches, but is it the same for 6 or 8 lnbs ? Is there any limit ?

Because there is a lot of cables, multiswitches will be near the LNB,
outdoor position.
Could you please advise give me some good outdoor 4>1 and 8>1  "FF nexus
dvb" compliant ?

Feedback and remarks from vdr users, about wavefrontier / multil nbs / multi
switches, are welcome.
Regards.

***Merry Chrismas to all !!! ***