[vdr] [RFC] Shutdown rewrite for 1.5.x

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Sat Dec 30 02:10:16 CET 2006

marius at heidenstecker.de wrote:
> How about taking epgsearch's behavior and put up a message 'VDR is waiting for
> background tasks to complete. Press "ok" for details'. Pressing "ok" would bring
> up an osd list containing all plugins, which didn't return null in their
> Active()-method, with their todo-Text.

I'm not sure whether we should go that far. In case that several good
reasons exist that block shutdown it would be nice to have them on
screen all together. However this probably involves introducing new
dialogs and all the skin stuff behind that.

>> - A 'bug' in the old code allows to automatically shut down VDR at the
>>    end of a playback, though this was probably never intended. It could
>>    however be re-added as 'feature'.
>
> Really? I never knew that.

Meetoo. Found it by studying the old sources doing what-happens-when.
Shutdown got stuck while playback, and it seemed that if no key is
pressed meanwhile, the shutdown would continue at end of playback. Tried
it, and it actually worked. ;)

Cheers,

Udo