[vdr] [RFC] Shutdown rewrite for 1.5.x

Joachim Wilke joachim.wilke at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 13:36:43 CET 2006

2006/12/30, Udo Richter <udo_richter at gmx.de>:
> However, it might be worth thinking about giving plugins the ability to
> set a different wakeup time, so that a scheduled EPG scan plugin can be
> written.

I also think that this would be very helpful for some plugins. Manual
start detection could also include a call to the plugins. A plugin
that did "schedule" an EPG-scan or similar could tell VDR during start
up, that VDR woke up because of this scheduled event set by this
plugin.
At the moment I use a relatively complex patch that does some
"maintainance" task during the night. If it would be possible to
modify the wakeup-time in a plugin I could re-implement the complete
patch as a plugin.

Regards,
Joachim