[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.3.42
Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sun Feb 5 16:25:54 CET 2006
VDR developer version 1.3.42 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
The changes since version 1.3.41:
- Removed leftover 'needsBufferReserve' variable from cTransfer (thanks to Marco
- Fixed setting "No title" for broken event data (reported by Ronny Kornexl).
- Fixed channel up/down switching on single card systems (reported by Stefan
- Fixed handling "pending" timers that blocked others that actually could record
(reported by Thomas Koch).
- Speeded up cVideoRepacker (thanks to Reinhard Nissl).
- Added an 'Id' parameter to cDevice::PlayAudio() to allow plugins to easier
process the audio data (thanks to Marco Schlüßler).
- Added Czech language texts (thanks to Bárta Vladimír).
Plugin authors may want to add the new entries to their I18N texts and contact
the translators to have their texts translated. Note that there are now 21
different OSD languages, so please make sure you have 21 versions for each of
- Updated the Polish OSD texts (thanks to Jaroslaw Swierczynski).
- Fixed auto advance in string entry fields when pressing Up/Down in insert mode
(reported by Udo Richter).
- Fixed handling the "Setup/OSD/Menu button closes" option when set to 'yes' in
case a replay is active (thanks to Udo Richter).
- Improved cUnbufferedFile; USE_FADVISE is now defined in tools.c by default, so
if you don't want to use "fadvise" you need to comment out that line (thanks to
- Fixed a missing ',' in the Swedish OSD texts (thanks to Arthur Konovalov).
- cDevice::Transferring() can now be used to determine whether the (primary)
device is currently playing in Transfer Mode (based on a suggestion by
- The 'runvdr' script no longer uses the $VDRUSR environment variable to set
the user id under which 'vdr' shall run. Just add the '-u username' option
when you call 'runvdr'.
- Fixed multiple entries of the same subdirectory in the "Recordings" menu
(reported by Christian Jacobsen).
- Enabled generating a core dump if VDR is run with a different user id (thanks
to Ville Skyttä).
- Fixed handling the "Blue" key in the "Schedule" menu for the current channel
(thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Renamed the Makefile target 'plugins-clean' to 'clean-plugins' (suggested by
- Made all font and image data 'const' (thanks to Darren Salt).
- Fixed scrolling with Up/Down in case there are non-selectable items at the
beginning or end of the menu (reported by Helmut Auer).
- Added cSkin::GetTextAreaWidth() and cSkin::GetTextAreaFont(), so that a plugin
that wants to do special text formatting can do so (thanks to Alexander Rieger).
More information about the vdr