[vdr] VDR server(/client) options

Luis Palacios luis at derqui.net
Wed Feb 15 20:06:31 CET 2006

El 15/02/2006, a las 15:58, Jesus Bravo Alvarez escribió:

>> B.2: Where the 'VDR client' is a Win/Mac/Linux and MPlayer or
>> similar.
>> The you need the vdr-streamdev plugin (http://www.magoa.net/linux I
>> recommend the CVS version).
>>
>> In this case you simply connect your MPlayer(or similar) to
>> http://yourserver:3000/channel and output on your your laptop/pc/...
>> monitor or you use the VGA/DVI out to a LCD.
>
> 	I'm missing here the possibility to use other vdr with
> streamdev-client on the laptop, so you can have the OSD.  Just to
> know, is
> this solution right or perhaps it doesn't work by now? (I haven't
> tried it
> yet, but I plan to use it in the near future)

Hi (hola) Jesús,

Yes, it works. I didn't know it was possible, I just compile
everything in
another linux box and connect to my main vdr server. It works very good.

Well, I have a problem with the colors in the client box, all colors
appear with a tendency to blue/green... I don't understand.

Anyway, more important, OSD works perfect. When you navigate through
the menus you are seeing the server menus in your client vdr.

luis