[vdr] xine: very high CPU load

Jouni Karvo jouni.karvo at tkk.fi
Fri Jan 6 08:44:24 CET 2006

Alexander Munro writes:
 > Although I have Athlon XP 2000+ with 512 MB RAM and GF3 Ti200, xine
 > eats about 70-80, and even sometimes 90% of my CPU while displaying

I had a similar problem.  In my case, the problem was that I used the
--stdctl (sp?) option.  Since I did not start it from a terminal,
there simply was no terminal from where to accept commands, but xine
just kept trying to find one.

Problem was solved by removing the option, but as a downside, now xine
shows the mouse cursor for a few seconds every time the picture size