[vdr] Aspect ratio

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Thu Jan 26 23:56:00 CET 2006

I don't know if it's specific to softdevice, but I noticed that if you
select 16:9, VDR scales 4:3 down before outputting it to the TV with
black borders. Surely all TVs have options to do the scaling themselves,
which will probably at least result in less loss of resolution; and some
do neat tricks like stretching the edges of the picture to fill the
screen while leaving the middle more or less the right shape. So it
would be nice to have an option in VDR to always fill the screen and let
the TV/viewer deal with scaling if necessary.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk