[vdr] Unknown message from CAM

Dominique Dumont domi.dumont at free.fr
Fri Jan 27 21:31:14 CET 2006

Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de> writes:

> Apparently there is a stream that has CA descriptors in both places.
> Maybe somebody else knows how to handle this. The implementation I
> made back then just tried to mimic that which the original firmware
> of the FF DVB cards did.

Ca_desc at ES stream level "wins" over ca_desc at program level (page
30 section 8.4.3.4 of EN50221):

   "If, for one elementary_stream, CA_descriptor(s) exist at programme
   level and at elementary_stream level, only the CA_descriptor(s) at
   elementary_stream level are taken into account."

I think that the safest way would be to copy ca_desc from program
level to each stream level except where ca_desc already exists for a
stream.

HTH