[vdr] softdevice A/V sync

Harald Milz hm at seneca.muc.de
Sat Jan 28 18:57:10 CET 2006

Tony Houghton <h at realh.co.uk> wrote:
> Are you receiving HDTV, or just outputting PAL to a big monitor? How
> does your set-up deal with interlacing?

No, HDTV broadcasting hasn't really started yet over here (you can't
buy DVB-S2 equipment yet), and everything is likely to be encrypted
anyway. But some stations do send anamorphously encoded 16:9 material
over PAL, which softdevice nicely transfers in 720p resolution over
DVI. I'm transmitting 720p anyway all the time (setting is 16:9).

> [1] BTW, even my current £5 sound card is an improvement on the onboard
> sound, which is too quiet!

This is why I use the SPDIF out :-)

--
Seleznick's Theory of Holistic Medicine:
	Ice Cream cures all ills.