[vdr] Anyone got analogTV working????

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Fri Jun 2 20:45:28 CEST 2006

I've been trying to get analogTV working with a PVR-150, but I get no
picture, can't record and the ffmpeg fails.

As per the player-analogtv.c config in I ran the ffmpeg syntax myself:
ffmpeg -f mpeg1video -s 352x288 -ad /dev/dsp:14 -ar 44.1 -vd /dev/video0 -ac
1 -b 2000 -ab 80 -y -re -title analogTV -author analogTV -copyright
GPL -comment analogTV -aspect 4:3 -tvstd NTSC /tmp/.analogtv.avi

and it fails as ffmpeg can't find the video grab device /dev/video0

but if I change it to:
...  -i /dev/video0 ...

the encoding starts ok, but I still don't see a picture.

On the std-out I can see the ffmpeg starting (with the '-i /dev/video0'
option) when I change channel, but no picture and only records an empty
file.

Any ideas??