[vdr] ATi Remote key repeat

Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at hut.fi
Tue Jun 27 14:03:25 CEST 2006

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 12:22:02PM +0100, Chris Jones wrote:
> On 12:15:22 pm 27/06/2006 Marko  Mäkelä  <marko.makela at hut.fi> wrote:
> > I was referring to the kernel module that implements the input device
> > driver for the infrared receiver.
>
> This is an RF receiver, not IR. Or is it really just transmitting IR
> commands over RF?

The protocol is likely entirely different.  I'm sorry, my suggestion of
simply mapping repeated packets to key-repeat events is inappropriate
for RF communications, where packet loss or corruption is much more probable
than in IR communications.  According to a comment in the beginning of
ati_remote.c, "The hardware generates 5 events for the first keypress".

	Marko