[vdr] ATi Remote key repeat

Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at hut.fi
Tue Jun 27 22:55:31 CEST 2006

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 02:13:25PM +0100, Chris Jones wrote:
> No probs - at this stage I'm grateful for as much input (no pun intended ;)
> on the issue as I can get, because I'm a bit stumped! I'd really like to
> avoid patches if possible, if only because between the various xine and vdr
> patches and packages, keeping current is proving rather time intensive!

Testing CVS releases of softdevice and DirectFB can be even more time
intensive, but it can also be very rewarding.

> Hmm, that's very interesting. I guess I should start reading the source.

It's not that hard to make simple modifications to kernel modules.

BTW, I found out that the vdr-remote plugin reduces the key-repeat rate
by using some timer magic.  On IR remotes using the RC5 code, the inherent
repeat rate is 113.8 ms.  Using vdr-remote plugin, the rate was something
like half or third of that.  With softdevice and DirectFB linux-input
driver and with my kernel patch, I get all RC5 frames (except the first
repeated one that I discard on purpose) mapped to vdr key events.

	Marko