[vdr] UPC vienna - several dropouts

Gerhard Steiner GSteiner at gmx.at
Wed Mar 1 22:18:52 CET 2006

I don't know exactly. Maybe not only a driver problem.
But for sure it a mixture of this and of UPC.
QAM256 is really very difficult to handle. You need good cables, a excelent
signal quality.
If you have this, it is maybe not a big problem.
But if you don't have it, the driver is not able to help.

Some time ago I tried to boot an old linux version (with kernel 2.4.x) and
the picture was really good again.
Back on my machine the picture is unuseable.
So I believe it is a driver problem at least.
But maybe you have the time and knowledge to solve this?

> > Unfortunately I am not able to find this problem and I was not able to
> find
> > someone, who could solve this (or help me).
> I know that UPC does not transfer EPG and I also know
> that they do something with mac-addresses
UPC is transfering EPG, but noone found it till now.
EPG via internet is much easier to handle.

> so, it looks like that nobody in vienna can use a harddisc-recorder at all
> only the UPC motorola box is able to receive the signal correctly
Just use a PVR-System. It's really fine :-)

> UPC is a strange company :-(
That's really true and very bad. :-(

> marco

Best regards