[vdr] [RFC] plugins replacing main menu entries 1-4

Christian Wieninger cwieninger at gmx.de
Fri Mar 3 14:22:12 CET 2006

Udo Richter schrieb:
> The Service() interface is probably the wrong interface for such things.
> VDR shouldn't rely on this interface, its primarily for non-standard
> communication.

I think this is one possible solution. If there would be a special api
function for this purpose, I don't mind ;-) But since there is no
'communication' here, but only a lookup for the service, why not use it
anyway?

> Also, your suggestion will call MainMenuAction for each menu entry, how
> should the plugin know which one was called?

This is only true, if a plugin would handle more than one main menu
entry. Can't imagine a plugin like that.

Christian