[vdr] Controlling xineplayer?

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Thu Mar 9 20:16:26 CET 2006

Hi,

Reinhard Nissl wrote:

>> I decided to test the latest mplayer plugin (0.9.14) with xine-0.7.7 and
>> vdr-1.3.44 by replacing the MPLAYER variable in mplayer.sh.conf with
>> "xineplayer".  I changed the control mode in mplayer's options to
>> "Traditional"
>> but when I try to stop the playback, nothing responds.  Is there any
>> way to
>> control the player once it has been started?  It seems vdr does not
>> respond to
>> the remote control once I start mplayer using xineplayer.
>
> Hhm, I didn't test this functionality with 0.7.x releases. Maybe it is
> broken. I'll have to test this tomorrow evening.

I'm sorry, I cannot reproduce your issue. It works here as expected,
with VDR's keyboard remote as well as vdr-xine's remote via xine-ui.

Traditional mode only allows you to stop replaying. There are plans to
change this, but so far I didn't "want" to find time to emulate mplayers
output by xineplayer.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl