[vdr] Vdr-xine and XvMC?

Seppo Ingalsuo seppo.ingalsuo at iki.fi
Sun Mar 12 18:05:13 CET 2006

Has someone had success with XvMC? Video decoding, even 1080i HDTV promo
channels from Astra, works with very low CPU load but I get no VDR OSD
and I think aspect ratio for 16:9 video is wrong. XvMC driver is from
Nvidia 7676, vdr, vdr-xine, etc. are latest versions. X desktop size is
1368x768.

The same systems runs nicely with Xv output method but there is a little
bit too little power to run a good deinterlacer such GreedyH without
cheap mode for HDTV. It would be also nice to have automatic separate
deinterlacer configurations for SDTV and HDTV but I belive that goes out
of scope of vdr-xine plugin, right?

BR,
Seppo