[vdr] VDR and skins

Jan Ekholm chakie at smultron.net
Sun Mar 19 18:46:20 CET 2006

On Sunday 19 March 2006 17:33, Christian Wieninger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there are some skins for text2skin apart from DeepBlue, e.g. Enigma
> Have a look at
>
> http://www.vdrskins.org/vdrskins/
>
> Text2skin works great with 1.3.44, perhaps you should checkout the current
> version from CVS. Also I don't know of any bugs in DeepBlue.

My DeepBlue has never shown any info for recordings, so I've thought that VDR
didn't save it. But lo and hebold as "soppalusikka" shows the info just as it
was in the EPG at the time of recording. Haven't seen any announcements for
any new versions of DeepBlue either. I use version 1.0 of text2skin, which is
the last released one (a year ago, so it's no wonder it b0rked). Tracking CVS
versions of stuff is a swamp of fun and broken toys and frustrated users. :)

"soppalusikka" doesn't show any channel logos although they are installed as
per instructions, but I haven't dug into that too much.

--
    Pets are always a great help in times of stress. And in times of
    starvation too, o'course.