[vdr] xine-0.7.8 segfault

Luis Palacios luis at derqui.net
Fri Mar 24 20:43:34 CET 2006

Thanks Darren,

El 24/03/2006, a las 20:26, Darren Salt escribió:
>> [..]
>> open("/usr/lib/libmodplug.so.0", O_RDONLY) = 8
> [snip]
>> close(8)                                = 0
>> --- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---
>> +++ killed by SIGSEGV +++
>> $
>
>> As per the above error is it correct to say there is a problem
>> with that
>> library? or... maybe the problem is up in the output?.
>
> A stack backtrace would be better. If you didn't compile and
> install xine and
> xine-lib with debug options, do so first.

I was about to write, just found, that there is a problem
between libmodplug and xine, found in Gentoo forums that
xine allways segfaults if it finds such library.

I installed VLC very recently, which in turn demanded libmodplug, and
so that's why now xine is segfaulting.

Don't know the root cause of this problem between both.

I've removed libmodplug from my system, so Xine is up again :-)

Thanks a lot,

luis