[vdr] Announce: vdr-eggtimer-0.9.3

Peter Juszack vdr at unterbrecher.de
Sat Mar 25 14:41:16 CET 2006

Hallo,

    since I could add a great improvement I release a new version of the
eggtimer plugin.

Improved message displaying for VDR >= 1.3.37. (thanks to Tobias Grimm for bringing light into this)

Any problems with VDR crashes related to eggtimer OSD-messages should be gone with
VDR >= 1.3.37 and vdr-eggtimer >= 0.9.3

It's a difficult topic because displaying OSD-messages from a background thread (like eggtimer)
is available since VDR 1.3.37. Earlier versions do not offer secure ways to display a message
from a background thread.

I strongly recommend to use VDR >= 1.3.37 when using OSD message eggtimers.

I do not make any efforts to improve message displaying for older VDR < 1.3.37
because we are shortly before 1.4 release.

Download:
http://vaasa.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/~pjuszack/digicam/download/vdr-eggtimer-0.9.3.tgz

Have fun
Peter