[vdr] Re: plugin load and --help

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Sun Mar 26 19:13:15 CEST 2006

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> - Removed the log message "deleting plugin: ..." when shutting down VDR
>   (thanks to Christoph Haubrich for reporting that this is irritating when calling
>   "vdr --help").

While we're at --help and plugins:
There is no way how a plugin can detect whether it was loaded regularly
or just for displaying --help or --version. In the latter cases,
ProcessArgs() will be called with empty parameters and cannot fail
because it is missing a parameter. If it does fail, VDR stops loading
plugins and shows --help and --version only for plugins loaded before
the failed one.

(do we need to call ProcessArgs() at all for --help/--version?)

Cheers,

Udo